Dr. Learned is a fellowship trained orthopaedic trauma surgeon. He specializes in the treatment of new fractures as well as nonunions and malunions. Other areas of interest are fractures of the pelvis and acetabulum, periprosthetic fractures and complex peri-articular fractures. Dr. Learned also treats patients with Hip Dysplasia, Perthes disease and other complex hip issues in patients that would like to avoid joint replacement surgery.
Dr. Learned is a California native, attending High School in Manhattan Beach at Mira Costa. He graduated with his Bachelor of Arts from the University of California, Berkeley. He then received his Doctorate of Medicine at the Keck School of Medicine of USC. He completed internship and residency in Orthopaedic surgery at University Hospitals of Cleveland. His fellowship training took him to Seattle, Washington, at Harborview Medical Center. He remained at Harborview for a second fellowship in Surgical Hip Preservation with Dr. Keith Mayo, treating advanced hip pathology with surgical dislocations and reorientations of the hip socket. He was then recruited by his mentors as a partner in Cleveland prior to joining the faculty at UC Irvine.
- University of Southern California – Los Angeles, CA
- University Hospitals of Cleveland/MetroHealth Medical Center – Cleveland, OH
- Orthopaedic Trauma, University of Washington Harborview Medical Center – Seattle, WA
- Surgical Hip Preservation, University of Washington Harborview Medical Center – Seattle, WA
- Peninsula Committee for Children’s Hospital
- AO Trauma North America – Member and Faculty
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association – Candidate Member
- American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons – Candidate Member
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons (Part I) – Passed 2013
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons – Patient Information
Orthopaedic Trauma Association
AAOS – A Nation in Motion: Orthopaedic Trauma